Sunday, October 10, 2010

One more for the road...


In my recent invitations to my craft shows, I posted up that that would be my last show of the year, but I guess I was wrong. Around the time of the Stratford show, I received an invitation from Mary Lou. Mary Lou is one of the sponsors from the Gloucester City show I had a few months back. She invited me out to participate in a event called "Gloucester Day". It wasn't too far from the site of the Gloucester City show. My spot was out in the street. I set up my stuff as usual. It was definitely a nice day. At first, I didn't expect a whole lot from this show. It turns out I was wrong about that detail.

Since I didn't expect much I ended up bring my box of pipe cleaners with me to the show so I can work on some unfinished figures. All of a sudden, Everyone started coming out. For the unfinished figures, I was working on Ghostface from Scream and Michael Myers from Halloween. I completed Ghostface and he was pretty awesome. Someone requested Freddy Krueger and I took the liberty of making him. Since I didn't have more time, I had to use the sketch of Michael Myers to make Freddy. It took me a while because I was getting more customers by the minute. When it cleared out, I completed Freddy and sold it to the kid who asked for it. For the top sellers at this show, they mostly went for the killers from scary movies. Then again, it is Halloween season. The other popular top selling ones weren't too far behind.

The day was going great. Later that day, the wind started picking up out of nowhere, moving my canopy in the process. I was a lil paranoid from the actions of the Magnolia Mayfair. My old display was destroyed at this show from heavy winds and I was holding on to the canopy when the wind was blowing. Fortunately, the wind wasn't strong enough to blow it away. Other than that, my business was still going strong. I ended up getting a visitor. It was Mary Lou from the Gloucester City show. It was nice to see her again.

The show came to an end at 6pm so I closed everything up. It was a good show. I had fun. Hope to do it again next time. Even the kids asked me if I was gonna return next year. Well, this was definitely my last craft show of the year. I need some time off from this whole thing. I will return in April 2011. Until then....


Figures sold:

Batman, Snow White, Knuckles, Predator, Freddy Krueger(x2), Alien, Toad(x3), Super Mario Bros.,Captain America, Philly Phanatic, Tyrannosaurus Rex, Tinkerbell(x2), Spongebob, Shy Guy, Megaman, Iron Man, Sasquatch from Darkstalkers, Unicorn, Leatherface, Punisher, Mr. Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, Jason Voorhees, PredAlien, Chinese Dragon, Jasmine, Darth Maul, Oscar the Grouch, Philly Phanatic(red), Anakin Skywalker, Meta-Knight, Ghostface, Luke Skywalker, Dora the Explorer, Peanut, Goomba, Yoshi(x2), Peter Pan, Ms. Pac-Man, Pillsbury Doughboy, Pokemon: Pikachu, Togepi, Mewtwo, Meowth, Charmander(x2), Poliwag, Lucario

No comments:

Post a Comment